It is mini egg cookie season and these are the best ones yet! The cookies are loaded with mini eggs and chocolate chips, soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. These mini egg cookies are the perfect Easter treat.
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) Butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) White Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg, large
- ½ tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 ⅔ cup (200 grams) All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ cup(100 grams) Chocolate Chips, Semi Sweet
- 2 cups (314 grams) Mini Eggs (½ cup (79 grams)chopped/ smashed)
- In a mixing bowl, using a wooden spoon or spatula to cream together the room temperature butter, white granulated sugar and light brown sugar until light.
- Crack in the egg and add the pure vanilla extract. Mix together until well incorporated.
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda and mix until you no longer see any flour.
- Fold in the smashed mini eggs and chocolate chips.
- Using a medium size trigger ice cream scoop or a tablespoon to scoop out the dough and roll the cookie dough into balls.
- Place the cookie dough balls on a lined baking tray, leaving space for the cookies to spread while baking.
- Top the cookie dough balls with the full mini eggs (I placed 3 mini eggs of different colours on each cookie)
- Place into a preheated oven at 375F/190C for 10 -11 minutes or until the edges of the cookies begin to get light golden.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes on the baking tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!