Let’s make my famous buttery, melt in your mouth Shortbread Cookies! These cookies make a great treat, they are not too sweet and perfect for indulging. The best part is that this Shortbread Cookie recipe only takes 5 everyday ingredients!
- 1 cup Salted Butter
- ½ cup Icing Sugar/Confectioners’ Sugar
- 1½ cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Cornstarch
- A pinch of Salt
- Preheat the oven to 275F
- In a bowl, using a spatula, cream the butter and the icing sugar together.
- Shift in the all purpose flour, cornstarch and salt, gently bring it together to form a dough.
- Transfer it to a work surface and roll out the dough into a rectangle. Cut into rectangular strips approximately 2.5” x 1”. Using a fork, poke holes into the cookies.
- Put the formed cookies into the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer onto a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes.