- 1 Puff Pastry Sheet
- 18 Asparagus Spears
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
For the Egg Wash
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Water
- Preheat the over to 400F / 200C
- Cut the ends of the asparagus spears off. Place them in a dish and drizzle on some olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss them around so that they get well coated and keep them aside.
- Grate the cheese and keep it aside
- Prepare an egg wash by beating one egg in a bowl and adding the water. Keep beating till both are well combined and keep it aside for later.
- Generously dust all-purpose flour on the work surface and place the puff pastry sheet on it. Dust some more all-purpose flour on the top of the sheet as well. With a gentle hand, roll the puff pastry sheet out, and then cut the sheet into six squares.
- Take one square, and put some cheese at the bottom, then place three asparagus spears on the diagonal, top it with some more cheese, and then brush the two opposite sides of the puff pastry with egg wash. Now take the two ends that have been brushed with the egg wash and place them one on top of the other to wrap up the asparagus spears in a bundle. Place them in a lined baking tray.
- Brush the asparagus bundles with egg wash and then sprinkle them with black and lightly toasted white sesame seeds
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the pastry has cooked, puffed up, and the bundles have turned a lovely golden colour