These Goan Sannas are soft, pillowy and like walking on a cloud. Today I’m going to share with you my traditional Sannas, sweet tea-time Sannas and homemade Toddy recipe. This Sannas recipe is going to be your new go-to comfort food!
- ¼ cup Water, lukewarm (105-115F)
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1¼ cup Coconut Water, room temperature
- In a microwave safe bowl, warm up the water, add the sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Now add in the yeast and stir till the yeast dissolves.
- Cover and place in a warm place for 10-15 minutes to allow the yeast to activate.
- Pour the coconut water into a jar. Add the activated yeast and stir till the mixture gets well combined.
- Cover with a muslin cloth and screw on the outer ring of the cap. Keep it in a warm dark place for about 24 hours for best results. If need be 16-18 hours would work too.