These Marzipan Fruit are a treat for the eyes and a great way to add a pop of colour to your Christmas platter! The Marzipan is made with simple ingredients like cashew nuts, rose water and sugar, which come together to form an incredible sweet treat. These Marzipan Fruit are sure to impress with ease this holiday season!
- 250 grams Raw Cashew Nuts
- 400 grams White Granulated Sugar
- 2 large Egg Whites
- Rose Water (as required, I used about ½ cup rose water)
- 2 tsp Almond Essence
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Soak the cashew nuts in water for about 15 minutes. Drain out the water and pat dry them in a kitchen paper towel.
- Put the cashew nuts into a grinder, add the egg whites and stream in a quarter cup of rosewater to start grinding the nuts into a smooth paste. Add more rose water as required.
- Put the cashew nut paste into a heavy bottom pot and add the sugar, almond essence and vanilla essence.
- Cook on a medium-low heat till the mix leaves the sides of the pot. This should take approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Test if it is done by cooling just a little on a plate or in a bowl of cold water. If the paste comes together to form a ball/dough it is ready.
- Empty on a plate and cool using a spatula. Once it cools and starts coming together, knead into soft dough (if it becomes too crusty you can add a little rose water and knead it into a soft dough).
- Add desired colours, form into fruits or you can put them into molds.