Today we are going to be making this delicious Banana Pudding, as per the famous recipe shared by Magnolia Bakery! This Banana Pudding is easy to prepare ahead and is a great dessert when you are hosting a party this summer!
- 1 can (14 oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 ½ cups of Ice-Cold Water
- 1 package (102 grams) Instant Vanilla-Pudding Mix (Jell-O is recommended)
- 3 cups Heavy Cream (Whipping Cream)
- 1 (312 g) box Vanilla Wafers (Nilla Wafers are recommended)
- 6-7 ripe Bananas, sliced into coins
- Start by pouring the sweetened milk and cold water into a medium size bowl. With your hand mixer on a low speed, blend the two together.
- Add the Jello instant vanilla pudding mix and slowly blend it with the milk-and-water mixture. After about a minute, once you find that there is no trace of the powder and the mixture has started to thicken, you can stop.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least an hour. You can leave it in the refrigerator overnight as well.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer add the heavy whipping cream and whisk it until stiff peaks form.
- Now add the set pudding mixture to the whipped cream, approximately a cup at a time, and blend until smooth.
- To layer the pudding, take a 9”x13” serving dish and spread a layer of the pudding and cream mix at the bottom, now generously toss on a layer of Nilla vanilla cookies on top of that, next add a layer of sliced banana coins. Repeat the layers finishing off with the pudding layer on the top.
- Cover and refrigerate the layered pudding for approximately 12 hours. When you are ready to serve the pudding, decorate it with some more sliced bananas coins and vanilla wafers on the top.
- When serving give a gentle mix then scoop and serve.