There is nothing quite like a batch of warm homemade Oatmeal Cookies! They are soft and chewy, perfectly spiced and dotted with juicy raisins. With fall just around the corner, these are the perfect Oatmeal Cookie to enjoy with a warm cup of coffee!
- ¾ cup (105 grams) Raisins
- ¾ cup Hot Water
- ¾ cup (170 grams) Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 Large Egg
- 1½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ tbsp Honey/Corn Syrup
- ¾ cup (95 grams) All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp Fresh Grated Nutmeg
- 3 cups (270 grams) Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
- ¼ cup (30 grams) chopped Pecans/Walnuts (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, soak the raisins in the hot water to help the raisins plump up.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and the brown sugar together till light and fluffy.
- Now add the egg, vanilla extract and honey. With the mixer on a low speed, mix until all the wet ingredients get well incorporated. Use a spatula and scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and give the wet ingredients one last mix. Keep the wet ingredients aside.
- In a medium size bowl add the all purpose flour, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, grated nutmeg, old fashioned rolled oats and chopped pecans. Using a spatula, keep mixing all the dry ingredients till well combined.
- Toss the dry ingredients into the wet, add the raisins and mix well on a low speed till well combined.
- Using a trigger release ice cream scoop or a spoon, scoop the cookie dough and place it on a lined baking sheet. Using your fingers, flatten the cookies down. Bake only 6 cookies on a sheet at a time.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies turn a light golden.
- Allow the cookies to rest on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before removing and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.