This easy Macaroni Salad is creamy, crunchy, and packed with deliciousness. This is a perfect side for all your barbecues coming up this summer. Whether you are celebrating July 1st or July 4th, this Macaroni Salad is a must have on your party table!
For cooking the Macaroni
- 4 litres boiling water
- 2 tbsp salt
For the Salad
- 1 pound (450 grams) Cut Elbow Macaroni
- ¼ cup Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup Celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup Carrot, finely chopped
- 3 Boiled Eggs, finely chopped
- ½ cup Pecans, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 3 tbsp Sweet Pickle Relish
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh Chives, finely chopped
For the Dressing
- 1¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1½ tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and generously season the water with salt. Add the macaroni and cook until tender (I cooked the macaroni for 17 minutes).
- Drain and rinse the macaroni under cold water. Leave it in the colander to cool and drain completely.
- Once the macaroni is dry, transfer it into a large bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, garlic powder, pepper, sugar and vinegar. Whisk until combined.
- In another bowl, add the chopped onions and add the other half of the vinegar and the remaining sugar. Leave it aside to marinate.
- Chop all the vegetables, eggs and pecans into small cubes.
- Finely chop the parsley and chives and keep aside.
- Into the bowl with the macaroni, add all the veggies, eggs and pecans.
- Pour 3/4 of the dressing over the salad, reserving the rest for later. Top with the finely chopped parsley and chives and stir to combine.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to rest for at least 4 hour (overnight is best) before serving.
- Serve the salad chilled and before plating, pour on the remaining salad dressing and give it a stir.
- Plate the salad and garnish with some more parsley and two sticks of chives.