This easy Marble Cake is a treat to the eyes and oh so delicious! With simple ingredients and techniques, this Marble Cake is a classic baking recipe worth perfecting.
- 227 grams (1 cup) Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 350 grams (1¾ cups) Sugar, white granulated
- 4 Large Eggs, room temperature
- 1 tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 350 grams (3 cups) Cake Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 180 ml (¾ cup) Milk
- ¼ cup (20 grams/4 tbsp) Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder
- Line a 5”x11” loaf pan with butter and parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- Add the butter and sugar to a bowl. With the hand mixer on medium-high speed cream together the butter and sugar till it turns light and fluffy, this should take about 5 minutes.
- Now turn the mixer to medium speed and add the eggs one at a time beating till each egg is well incorporated. Once all four eggs have been added, mix the batter till it increases in volume, that should take about 3-4 minutes.
- In a bowl, sift together cake flour, baking powder, and salt. Now add the dry ingredients in three additions to the batter and the wet in two additions alternating between the additions, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Keep mixing between each addition till well incorporated.
- Divide the batter into two halves. To one-half, sift in the cocoa powder and using a spatula fold it into the batter. Now shift to the mixer and mix till the cocoa powder has got well blended in the batter.
- Start adding the batter into the loaf pan, one flavour at a time, alternating between the vanilla and the chocolate batter. Tap the loaf pan on your countertop between each addition to even out the batter and release any air pockets in the batter.
- Now place the cake in the preheated oven at 350F/180C and bake for about 50-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool on a wire rack before slicing and enjoying it.