The perfect summer dessert, this Royal Falooda, is packed with delicious layers of sweetened milk, rose syrup, nuts, jelly and topped with vanilla ice cream! The best thing about this recipe is that you can prep all the ingredients ahead of time, and layer up the Royal Falooda when you are ready to enjoy it!
- 1 litre Milk
- ½ cup Condensed Milk
- 2 tbsp Mixed Crushed Nuts (Pistachios, Almonds, Cashew Nuts)
- 2 tbsp Basil Seeds
- 1½ Water
- 50 grams Vermicelli Noodles
- 1 packet of Raspberry Jelly
- 1 tub Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1½ cup Rose Syrup
- 2 tbsp Almonds, slivers
- 2 tbsp Pistachios, sliced finely
- 2 tbsp Cashew Nuts, chopped
- 4 Red Maraschino Cherries
- To a pot, add the milk and bring it to boil. Once the milk has boiled, add the condensed milk, allow the milk to cook for about ten minutes while continuously stirring.
- Now add the mixed crushed nuts to the milk and allow the mixture to cook for another 10 minutes, stirring continuously before taking it off the heat.
- Transfer into a bowl and allow it to cool before refrigerating it to chill.
- Add the basil seeds to a bowl and add the water to it. Give it a stir and leave it aside to soak in the water till it plumps up. That should take about 20-30 minutes.
- To a pot of boiling water, add the vermicelli and allow it to cook for just a minute before taking it out of the hot water and placing in a colander to drain. Now, immerse the vermicelli in cold water to stop it from cooking and sticking.
- Prepare the jelly as per the box instructions. I chose to add a little less water to get a firmer jelly.
- To serve the Royal Falooda, choose your favourite tall glass and start by adding in a layer of jelly, then add in some of the vermicelli, next add about two tablespoons of the plumped up basil seeds. Now, pour in some of the Rose Syrup and some of the sweetened milk. Scoop on a small helping of ice cream and it’s time to repeat the process. Top with a generous scoop of ice cream and drizzle on the rose syrup. Garnish with almonds, pistachios and cashew nuts and finish it off a cherry on the top.