Today I’m going to share with you the secret on how to make the most delicious, decadent, yet easy everyday French Toast. This French Toast is irresistible and will want you craving breakfast all day!
- 12 slices Brioche Sandwich Bread
- 4 large Eggs
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Cinnamon Powder
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg, grated
- ¼ tsp of Salt
- ½ cup Milk/ Half and Half/ Heavy Cream
- 1½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Butter and Vegetable Oil for cooking
- Maple Syrup
- Fresh Mixed Berries
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- In a bowl, crack the eggs and add the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Give it a whisk till all the ingredients get well combined and the sugar begins to dissolve.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract and give the mixture a quick whisk.
- If the bread you are using to make the French Toast is fresh and soft, place it in a toaster for just 30 seconds to a minute on a low heat, to dry it up. This will help to keep the French Toast firm and prevent it from becoming soggy. You could skip this step if the bread you are using is dry or a day or two old.
- Heat a nonstick skillet on a medium heat and add about 1 tablespoon of butter and a teaspoon of oil.
- Once the butter has melted, dip one slice of bread, just for about a second on one side then flip the bread and dip the other side in the mixture. Once both sides have soaked in the mixture, place it in the heated pan and fry on both sides till golden and crispy.
- Remove from the pan and place in a rimmed baking sheet with a wire rack. Repeat the process till all the mixture is over.
- To keep the fried French Toast warm and crispy while you fry up all, preheat the oven to 250F and place the fried French Toast in the oven.
- To make the cinnamon sugar, in a bowl mix the sugar and the cinnamon powder and give it a whisk till well combined.
- To plate, stack as many French Toast as you like to enjoy one on top of the other, drizzle on a generous helping of cinnamon sugar, top with a knob of butter, place some berries and drizzle with maple syrup.