These buttery, melt-in-your-mouth Nankhatais are going to be the easiest cookies you’ve ever made! These Nankhatais are incredible to serve up on a platter for the festive season or gift in a cookie box!
- 130 grams Pure Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 100 grams Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 250 grams All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Red Glacé Cherries, chopped
- 1 tsp Green Glacé Cherries, chopped
- 1 tsp Edible Silver / Gold Balls
- Into a bowl add the softened pure ghee and using a hand mixer, beat it up till it turns light and fluffy. You want to incorporate as much air into the ghee as possible. This should take about 5-6 minutes.
- Now shift in the powder sugar and beat it first on a low speed, then gradually increase the speed of the mixer to high. Beat for another 1-2 minutes until the mixture becomes creamy and smooth.
- Pour in the vanilla extract and mix once again till the vanilla gets incorporated
- Toss the salt into the bowl of the all-purpose flour and give it a quick whisk. Now start adding the all-purpose flour spoonful at a time into the bowl and mix on low speed. Once all the flour has been added, you will have a crumbly mixture.
- With clean fingers bring the crumbly mixture together till you have a smooth dough
- Preheat the oven to 300F / 150C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- For even portions, use a tablespoon-sized trigger-release ice cream scoop to scoop out the dough and then roll the dough between your hands to get smooth round balls. Place the balls on the lined baking sheet.
- Continue making the Nankhatais till you have finished shaping all the dough
- To decorate the Nankhatais, place small pieces of cut glacé red and green cherries and edible gold and silver balls on the top
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until the Nankhatais are baked