These 2-ingredient Palmiers are the easiest way to say I Love You! Light, buttery, and crispy, these Palmiers are a must-try cookie recipe. They are a perfect homemade gift for Valentine’s Day!
- 1-2 sheets of Puff Pastry, store bought
- 100 grams White Granulated Sugar, fine
- Sprinkle some sugar on the work surface and place the puff pastry on top of it.
- Sprinkle some more sugar on top of the puff pastry and gently roll it with a rolling pin so that the sugar sticks onto the puff pastry on both sides.
- Fold the puff pastry into half to determine the midpoint. Now take one end and fold it twice to reach the midpoint. Sprinkle a little sugar on each fold.
- Once you have folded both sides, place one side on top of the other and then sprinkle sugar on all sides.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375F/190C and line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl place some more sugar and then slice the puff pastry into 1cm strips. Roll each strip in the bowl of sugar and then place it on the lined baking sheet. If you want them to have a heart shape, separate the strips to form a V shape.
- Bake on one side for 12 minutes, then flip them over and bake on the second side for about 6-8 minutes or until the Palmiers get a lovely golden colour on the second side.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Decorate as desired. I have decorated them with white chocolate, red chocolate, sprinkles, and crushed freeze-dried raspberries.
- Ideal for gifting. Store in an air-tight container.