Let’s kick off barbecue season with these juicy Chicken Skewers! They are the perfect easy summer meal.
- 3 Bell Peppers, cubbed
- 1 Red Onion, cubbed
- 3 large Chicken Breasts, cubbed
- ½ cup Yogurt
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Kashmiri Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic Paste
- ½ tbsp Ginger Paste
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- ½ Lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp Fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
- Wash, dry and dice the bell peppers and red onion into large cubes.
- Wash, pat dry and dice the chicken breasts into large cubes.
- In a large bowl, marinate the chicken cubes with the yogurt, spices, garlic paste, ginger paste, vegetable oil, salt and pepper.
- Skewer the chicken, bell peppers and onion onto metal skewers, alternating between the options to diversify the colours and flavours.
- Preheat the barbecue (or oven) to 400 degrees F and place the skewers on the grill. Flip the chicken skewers once you achieve some nice grill marks on the first side. Cook the skewers till the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove the skewers from the grill and hit them with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
- Enjoy the chicken skewers hot with an onion salad and naan bread.