You have got to try this creamy Mango Pudding, that just melts in your mouth! The pudding has a fresh fruity flavour and is set without gelatin or agar-agar. This Mango dessert is super easy to prepare and perfect for the warmer weather!
- 425 grams (2-3 Mangoes) Mango Pulp
- 100 grams (½ cup) Sugar
- 355 ml (1½ cups) Milk (reserve ½ cup to make the slurry)
- 40 grams (⅓ cup) Cornstarch
- ⅛ tsp Salt, to taste
- ½ Lime, juice
- Cut the mangoes and remove the pulp. Place the pulp in a blender
- Add 1 cup of milk to the blender and blend the mango pulp into a smooth pureé.
- Pass the pureéded mango through a sieve into a heavy bottom pot. This will remove any fibers that may be there in the mango pulp.
- In a small bowl, add the cornstarch and the remaining half cup of milk. Whisk them together to create a slurry. Keep it aside to use later.
- Now add the sugar and salt to the pot and place it over medium heat. Allow the mix to come to a boil while stirring constantly.
- Once you see the mix bubbling, lower the heat.
- Whisk the cornstarch slurry one more time because cornstarch tends to settle. Stream the cornstarch slurry into the mango mixture with one hand while whisking the mixture vigorously with the other hand. This will prevent any clumping or lumping of the mixture.
- Increase the heat to medium and continue cooking the mixture. Once it comes to a bubble for the second time, allow it to cook for another minute while continuously stirring it.
- It’s time to take it off the heat. Squeeze the lime juice through a sieve and add it to the mango pudding. Give the mixture a good stir.
- Transfer the mixture into a well-greased mold, giving it a few taps on the countertop so that any air pockets can come to the top. Using a toothpick remove the air pockets. Allow the pudding to cool till it comes to room temperature.
- Once the pudding has cooled completely, cover it with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for 4-5 hours to set.
- To unmold the pudding give the mold a few taps all around the sides to release the pudding. Now invert a plate on top of the pudding mold and flip it over. Give it a few shakes and lift the mold.
- Decorate with mango slices and lemon rinds.