You are going to love this easy no-knead, no-fuss bread! With one bowl and one pot, this is the only bread recipe you will ever need. Add in some fruits and spices for a festive breakfast!
- 3 cup Bread Flour
- 2 tbsp Light Brown Sugar (packed)
- 1 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1½ cups of Hot Water (130 F)
- ½ cup Apricots, chopped
- ½ cup Cranberries
- ½ cup Raisins
- 1 Orange, zest
- ½ tsp Cinnamon Powder
- ¼ tsp Cardamom Powder
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg, freshly grated
- In a bowl add the bread flour, brown sugar, active dry yeast, salt, and hot water.
- Stir it around to bring it to a shaggy dough.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and kitchen towel and keep it in a warm place for 2-3 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- In another bowl, mix all the dry fruit and spices together and keep them aside.
- After the first proofing of the dough, toss it onto a well-floured work surface and work in the fruits.
- Shape the dough into a round and place it back in a well-floured bowl to proof for the second time. This time only for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 450F/230C and place the empty dutch oven inside the oven so that the dutch oven heats up.
- Once the dough has been proofed the second time and the oven has heated, use oven mitts to remove the dutch oven from the oven and place the risen dough on a parchment paper and then into the heated dutch oven.
- Cover the dutch oven and place it in the oven. Bake the bread for 30 minutes with the lid closed then remove the lid and bake for another 10 minutes for the bread to brown and get crusty on the top.
- Remove the bread from the dutch oven and allow it to cool before cutting.