With the long weekend around the corner, it’s time to prepare these tender, juicy, smokey barbeque pork ribs! I have not yet fired up the barbeque for the summer, but I’m going to share with you how I prepare the perfect barbeque ribs right in the oven!
- 1 Rack Baby Back Ribs
- 1 Lemon
- 1½ tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Mustard Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1½ tsp Salt (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Tomato Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Hot Sauce
- ½ tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1½ tbsp Orange Marmalade
- 2 tbsp Red Wine
- Preheat the oven to 275F or 135C. Line a baking sheet or roasting pan with aluminum foil bigger than the baking sheet/pan.
- Place the ribs in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Using a knife, loosen the edge of the membrane on the back of the ribs. Now, with a kitchen paper towel, gently but with a little force pull the membrane off the back of the ribs.
- In a small bowl, stir together all the ingredients for the dry rub.
- First, squeeze some lemon on one side of the ribs and sprinkle on some of the dry rub. Using your finger massage the rub on the ribs so that it sticks well to the ribs. Flip the ribs over and repeat the process on the other side as well.
- Now bring the aluminum foil length-wise together and fold, then roll the other two ends to seal the sides.
- Place in the preheated oven for 3 to 3 ½ hours until ribs are tender.
- In a small bowl mix all the ingredients for the barbeque sauce.
- Remove the ribs from the oven and allow them to sit for 5 minutes before opening the aluminum foil.
- Increase the heat of the oven to 400F or 200C.
- Brush half of the barbeque sauce onto the top of the ribs. Now place the ribs open into the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove and baste a second layer of the barbeque sauce before placing the ribs back into the oven for another 8-10 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and switch to broil for 3 minutes or until the barbecue sauce starts to bubble and caramelize. Keep an eye on the ribs to make sure they do not burn.
- Cut between the bones of the ribs and enjoy!