This Mediterranean Chickpea Salad is refreshing, healthy, and delicious. Preparing this salad is a breeze!
- 2 cans (400 grams each) Chickpeas, drained
- 1 English Cucumber
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper
- ½ Red Onion, medium
- 1 cup Cherry/Grape Tomatoes
- ½ cup Kalamata Olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 sprig Mint Leaves
- 10-12 Basil Leaves
- 200 grams Feta Cheese
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Lemon, juice
- 2 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 Garlic Clove, finely crushed
- 1 tsp Oregano
- ½ tsp Pepper
- Pinch of Salt, to taste
- Drain the liquid from the canned chickpeas and toss them into a large bowl.
- Dice the English cucumber and orange bell pepper and add them to the bowl with the chickpeas.
- Slice half a red onion and toss it into the bowl.
- Slice the cherry/grape tomatoes into halves or quarters depending on their size and add them in as well.
- Pit and quarter or half the Kalamata olives and toss them along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Finely dice the mint and basil leaves and add them in.
- Either crumble or chop the Feta cheese into small cubes and add it to the rest of the ingredients.
- Add all the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a small bowl and give it a good mix.
- Pour the vinaigrette over all the ingredients in the bowl and toss it with the salad.
- Transfer into a serving bowl and enjoy.