This Starbucks-inspired Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins recipe is the real deal! These soft, moist pumpkin muffins, filled with delicious cream cheese filling, might just be better than the original.
For the Muffin
- 1 ¾ cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¾ cup White Granulated Sugar
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 ½ cup Pumpkin Purée
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
For the Cream Cheese Center
- 1 cup Cream Cheese, Block, Room Temperature
- ½ cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- In a bowl, whisk together the all purpose flour, pumpkin spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the white granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, milk, pumpkin purée and vanilla extract.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet and gently whisk together till you get a smooth batter.
- In another bowl, using an electric hand mixer, blend together the cream cheese, white granulated sugar and vanilla extract till smooth.
- Place a round tip nozzle (I’ve used Ateco 807) in a piping bag and fill the piping bag with the prepared cream cheese center.
- Line the muffin tray with muffin liners and scoop the batter into each liner till three quarters full.
- Now push the nozzle to the center of the filled muffin cup and squeeze out the cream cheese mixture while pulling in the upward direction so that you have a little cream cheese on the top of the muffin.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean.