This is what love tastes like! These Chocolate Covered Strawberries are the perfect treat to enjoy with your loved ones this Valentine’s Day. Strawberries and chocolate are a classic combo that you must try!
- 24 Fresh Strawberries
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp Red Candy Gel Food Colour (Oil-based)
- 2 tbsp Sprinkles
- Melt the chocolate chips in a deep bowl or glass. We like using dark chocolate and white chocolate.
- Wash the strawberries and dry them thoroughly using a paper towel.
- Insert a skewer on the top of the strawberry. With your fingers hold the leaves around the skewer and begin dipping the strawberries in the chocolate.
- For a fun heart shaped treat, cut a v on the top of the strawberry, insert a skewer on the other end and then dip the cut side into the chocolate.
- Add the red food colour to part of the melted white chocolate. Add the melted chocolates into piping bags and start drizzling them over the strawberries.
- Decorate the strawberries with your choice of sprinkles and mini chocolate treats. We found heart shaped chocolate chips at the grocery store which were so cute.
- For the marble design, pipe some stripes onto the dipped strawberry while the chocolate is still wet. Gently drag a toothpick in the opposite direction to create a beautiful design.