These soft and delicious Coconut Ladoo are a perfect treat for the festive season! This Coconut Ladoo recipe is sure to impress your guests and it only takes about 10 minutes to make them!
Ingredients – makes 36 ladoos
- 1 tbsp (13 grams) Pure Ghee (Desi Ghee) or Butter
- 3¾ cups (315 grams) Desiccated Coconut, fine
- 1½ cup (375 ml) Milk (full fat)
- 1¼ cup (250 grams) Sugar
- 1 cup (90 grams) Milk Powder
For coating the Ladoos
- ½ cup Desiccated Coconut
- To a heavy bottom pan on very low heat, add the pure ghee or butter. Once the ghee or butter has melted, add the desiccated coconut and keep stirring till the coconut absorbs the flavour of the pure ghee or butter.
- To hydrate the coconut, add the milk and keep cooking it on low heat while stirring constantly till the coconut has absorbed the milk and the mixture begins to dry. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Now increase the heat to medium-low and add the sugar. When the sugar melts, you will find that the mixture becomes a little thinner and then will thicken again as soon as the water in the sugar begins to dry up.
- It’s time to add the milk powder and keep stirring the mixture till it begins to leave the sides and bottom of the pan, this should take about 5-6 minutes.
- Now take it off the heat and transfer it onto a plate and leave it to cool completely.
- In a bowl, add the desiccated coconut to coat the ladoos.
- Using a teaspoon as a measure, scoop out a portion of the cooled mixture and roll it into a ladoo (ball) between the palms of your hands. Toss it into the bowl with the desiccated coconut and roll it around to coat the ladoo (ball) with the dry desiccated coconut on the outside. Continue the process till you have finished shaping the mixture.