This quick and easy Chicken Stir Fry comes together in one pot and 20 minutes! This healthy Chicken Stir Fry is best enjoyed on a bed of steamed white rice. You are going to love this recipe for an easy and wholesome meal!
- 1lb (450g) Chicken Breast/Boneless Chicken (cut into cubes)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 Head of Broccoli
- ½ Red Bell Pepper, cubed
- ½ Yellow Bell Pepper, cubed
- 1 Carrot, sliced
- 5 Mushrooms, sliced
- ½ White Onion, cut into cubes
- 1 inch Ginger, minced
- 5-6 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Chicken Broth
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup Oil
- 1 tsp Sesame Seed Oil
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
For the Stir-Fry Sauce
- ½ cup Chicken Broth, low sodium
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Chili Sauce
- 2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar/White Sugar/Honey
- 1 tbsp Corn Starch
- Cut the boneless chicken into bite-size cubes and marinate with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and keep it aside.
- To prep the veggies, separate the broccoli florets, cut the red & yellow peppers into cubes, slice the carrot, clean and slice the mushrooms, and cut the onions into cubes. Also, peel and chop the garlic and ginger.
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients for the sauce and give it a good stir till the cornstarch has blended with the ingredients for the sauce. Now keep it aside for later.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan and add about a tablespoon of oil. Once the oil has heated, add about half a teaspoon of diced garlic and half a teaspoon of diced ginger and sauté for just a second till the oil has got flavoured and the garlic and ginger have lost their raw flavour.
- Into the pan, toss in the broccoli florets and sliced carrots, and season with salt and pepper. Stir fry for about a minute and then add the chicken stock, cover the pan with a lid, and allow the veggies to steam for 30 seconds. Uncover and add in the bell pepper and sauté for about a minute. Last, add in the mushrooms and onion. Once again season with a little salt and pepper to taste and continue to sauté and cook the veggies till they are just done and still have a bite to them. Remove the veggies to a plate and keep it aside.
- In the same pan on medium heat, add about 2-3 tablespoons of oil. Once the oil has heated, add the remaining minced garlic and ginger and sauté for about a minute or so.
- Now place the marinated chicken cubes into the pan making sure not to overcrowd the pan and making sure that each piece of chicken is touching the bottom of the pan. Turn the heat to medium-high and sear the chicken on all sides till it gets some colour. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Give the sauce a quick whisk before adding it in with the seared chicken. Continue to stir fry on medium heat while continuously stirring for about a minute or two till the sauce has thickened and coats the chicken.
- Now add sesame seed oil and give it a mix.
- Switch off the heat, toss in the sautéed veggies, and give it a good mix.
- Serve on a bed of steaming hot rice, garnished with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.