This garlic butter shrimp recipe is nothing short of perfection! Easy, succulent, and flavourful, this shrimp recipe is a perfect appetizer or entree that will be ready in less than 20 minutes. We enjoyed these garlic butter shrimps in Lisbon, Portugal and I am so excited to recreate the recipe for you all!
- 2 lb. Tiger Shrimps 16-20 (large)
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil (1 tbsp to drizzle on the shrimp, 3 tbsp for frying)
- 1/4 cup Butter, unsalted
- 1 Head of Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Parsley, finely chopped
- Shell (leave the tails on), devein, wash and pat dry the shrimp.
- In a small bowl, combine the onion powder, garlic powder and paprika.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil on the shrimp and give them a quick toss.
- Sprinkle the mixed seasoning on the shrimp along with the salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Give the shrimps a mix, making sure that all the shrimps have got well coated with the seasonings.
- To a heated skillet, on a medium-high heat, add the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil and when the oil is really hot, sear the seasoned shrimps in batches, making sure not to overcrowd the skillet.
- Sear the shrimps for just 30 seconds on each side. Remove the shrimp into a bowl and continue searing the shrimps on both sides till all are done.
- Now, lower the heat to medium and in the same skillet, add the butter. To prevent the butter from burning, keep lifting the skillet off the heat and placing it back on the heat till the butter has melted.
- As soon as the butter has melted, add the finely chopped garlic and saute till the garlic has flavoured the butter.
- It’s time to toss in the seared shrimp and drizzle on the lemon juice.
- Give the shrimp a quick stir to make sure all the shrimp have got well coated with the butter, garlic and lemon.
- After about a minute, switch off the stove, sprinkle on the finely chopped parsley and give the shrimp a final stir.