These Stuffed Bell Peppers are quick, healthy and so delicious! Loaded with a flavour-packed ground chicken filling, these stuffed peppers are an easy weeknight meal and perfect for meal prep. The best part – the filling is customizable to fit with the flavours, proteins and veggies that you love best!
- 6 Bell Peppers
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 pound Ground Chicken
- 2 cups Onions, finely diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup Tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 ½ tsp Paprika
- 1 ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 ½ tsp Basil
- 1 ½ tsp Salt
- 1 ½ tsp Sugar
- 1 ¼ tbsp Vinegar
- ¼ cup Parsley, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash, pat dry and cut the bell peppers on the top. Remove the seeds and membrane. Dice the top of the bell peppers and keep them aside.
- Drizzle the bell peppers with about one tablespoon of olive oil and rub both the inside and outside to coat them. Arrange them bottoms up in a baking pan and pre-bake for about 15 minutes, while you prepare the stuffing.
- In a deep skillet over medium high heat, drizzle three tablespoons of olive oil and sauté the onions and garlic for one minute or till the onions turn translucent and the garlic loses its raw flavour.
- Add in the diced tomatoes and continue sauteing till the tomatoes become soft and the oil begins to separate from the onions and tomatoes.
- Add the ground chicken and break it down just a little before adding the paprika, cayenne pepper, basil, salt, sugar and vinegar.
- Using a spatula, give it a mix and break down the ground chicken as needed. Keep cooking till the ground chicken has browned and the water has evaporated.
- Toss in the chopped bell peppers and sauté for about a minute before finishing it off with two tablespoons of finely chopped cilantro. Give it a final mix before taking it off the heat.
- Remove the bell peppers from the oven and using kitchen tongs carefully flip them over on the baking pan.
- Fill the peppers with the cooked ground chicken, top with two to three teaspoons of beaten egg and shredded cheese.
- Place them back in the oven and bake for 25 minutes, or until the egg has cooked and the peppers are soft.
- Top with fresh, finely chopped cilantro and serve.