This cluster of sweetened tender coconut, called Gons or Teias de Aranhas, is a treat to the eyes and oh so delicious! This Coconut Candy recipe comes together in minutes with a few simple ingredients. I shaped them into nests with mini eggs for the perfect Easter dessert!
- 1(250 grams) Tender Coconut
- ¼ cup Water
- ¾ cup (160 grams) White Granulated Sugar
- 2-3 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract/Clear Vanilla Essense
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- 4 – 4” Parchment Paper Cut-Outs
- Cut parchment paper into desired 4” shapes (either round or squares)
- In a nonstick skillet, add all the ingredients and cook on medium-high heat for about 20-25 minutes. The coconut will get cooked and turn translucent and the water will get absorbed by the coconut and thicken.
- Take the skillet off the heat. Use two forks and place the gons/coconut candy on the cutout parchment paper in the shape of nests or clusters and allow them to set at room temperature.
- Decorate the nests with mini eggs for an Easter treat