It is time to make the best Beef Puff Patties! We have fond memories of eating these delicious Beef Puff Patties growing up and for Mother’s Day, we are so excited to recreate them for our mom. We hope you enjoy this recipe that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
- 2 sheets of rolled Puff Pastry
For the filling
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger Paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 tsp Pepper Powder
- 500 gms Ground Beef,
- Salt to taste
- 1 ½ tbsp Sugar
- ¼ cup/4 tbsp Vinegar
- ¼ cup/4 tbsp Cilantro, finely chopped
For the egg wash
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 tbsp milk
- In a non-stick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and once the onions start to turn translucent, toss in the garlic and ginger paste and saute till the onions get a golden brown colour.
- To this add the turmeric powder, Kashmiri chilli powder, cumin powder, and garam masala
- Saute all the spices with the onions till the spices mix well and lose their raw flavour.
- Now add the ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Mix the ground beef with the onion and spices, breaking it down while mixing.
- Add sugar and vinegar, give it a good mix and allow the beef to continue cooking for another 5 minutes or so until the liquid has evaporated but the mixture is still moist. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Garnish with finely chopped cilantro, Set aside in a bowl to cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 400F or 200˚C.
- In a small bowl crack the egg and add the milk. Whisk together till both are well combined. Now keep it aside.
- Remove the puff pastry from the refrigerator and cut each sheet into 6 rectangular pieces.
- Towards one end of each piece, fill a bit of the ground beef filling. With a brush, trace the egg wash around the filling.
- Now flip the other end over the ground beef filling and press gently around the edges to seal the patty. Place on a lined baking sheet.
- With a pastry brush, evenly brush the egg wash over the top of the puff pastry patty.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the patties turn a lovely golden colour on the top.