This blend of spices called Recheado Masala, is a classic Goan recipe. This Recheado Masala is perfect for stuffing pomfrets, mackerels, squids, and making prawn chili fry!
- 30 Kashmiri Chillies, de-seed 15
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Peppercorns
- 20 Cloves
- 1(4 inch) Cinnamon Stick
- 2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1-1½ tsp Sugar, to taste
- ½ tsp Salt, to taste
- 15 Garlic Cloves, medium
- 2 inch Ginger
- 1¼ cups Goa Vinegar/Red Wine Vinegar
- From the 30 Kashmiri chillies, de-seed 15, and cut all of them into smaller pieces before adding them to the jar of the mixer.
- Toss in the cumin seeds, peppercorns, cloves, cinnamon stick, turmeric powder, sugar and salt.
- Turn the mixer to medium speed and grind the dry ingredients into a fine powder.
- Now, chop the garlic and ginger into smaller pieces and add them to the jar of the mixer.
- To bring the masala to a smooth paste, add a cup of goa vinegar or red wine vinegar and turn the mixer on medium speed. Now, keep adding the vinegar, a tablespoon at a time, till you get a smooth paste.
- Store in an airtight bottle in the refrigerator and use as desired.