It’s my birthday and my kids whipped up my favourite treat! This decadent New York Cheesecake made my day. If you are looking for the best tips for the perfect Cheesecake, this recipe has them all!
For The Crust
- 12 (1½ cups) Graham Crackers, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- ⅛ teaspoons Salt½ cup Unsalted Butter, melted
For The Filling
- 4 blocks (8 oz, 250 grams each) Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 2 cups White Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Lemon Zest
- 1½ tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 6 large Eggs
- 9 or 10-inch Springform Pan
- 2 sheets of 16-inch Heavy-Duty Aluminum Foil
- In a food processor, add the graham crackers and pulse them until you get a fine crumb. Empty that into a bowl and add the sugar, salt, and melted butter. Mix till you get the wet sand-like texture.
- Toss the graham cracker mixture into the prepared cake pan and using a 90 degrees angled measuring cup or any handy tool pat the cookie crumb down really tight and make sure it gets tightly compressed and firm at the bottom of the cake pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or you can use an electric hand mixer, add the four-block cheese slabs. Using the paddle attachment, on a medium speed cream up the cream cheese for about a minute or two till it becomes smooth. Scrap down the sides and bottom of the mixing bowl.
- Now add in the sour cream, granulated sugar, and all-purpose flour. With the mixer on stir, blend it together.
- Flavour it with pure vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice, then give it a quick mix.
- Now crack the eggs into the mixture one at a time mixing between each addition till just incorporated. Finish mixing the batter very lightly by hand making sure to scrape down the bottom of the bowl. (Tip: you do not want to incorporate air into the batter)
- Pour the filling into the prepared cake pan, giving it a light tap to release any air pockets in the batter. Using a toothpick, pop the air bubbles that rise to the top.
- Place the cheesecake in a roasting pan and put it in a preheated oven at 325F/160C. Pour hot water into the roasting pan halfway up the cheesecake. Allow the cheesecake to bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes. The cheesecake should still seem a little giggly in the center. Switch off the oven, leave the cheesecake inside the oven and open the door of the oven, placing a wooden spoon between the door of the oven to let the hot air out gradually (tip: don’t take it out immediately, that ill shock the cheesecake making it to crack). Leave it in the oven for about 30 minutes then take the roasting pan out of the oven and place it on a wire rack. Now allow the cheesecake to sit in the water bath for another 15 minutes before lifting it up and removing the foil. Keep it on the wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled completely, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8 hours (overnight is best) before cutting.
- Top with our favourite cherry topping and enjoy!