This rich and buttery Ribbon Pound Cake just melts in your mouth! It is a simple and easy butter cake recipe that can be dressed up or dressed down. I’m sure this cake will make a terrific addition to your Easter dessert table!
- 1 ½ cups / 340 grams Unsalted Butter, soft
- 2 ½ cups/500grams White Granulated Sugar
- 6 large Eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups/335 grams Cake Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 ½ Icing/ Confectioners’ Sugar, shifted
- 2-3 tbsp Heavy Cream
- ½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Butter and flour a bundt cake tray and leave it aside
- Shift together the cake flour, banking powder and salt and keep it aside
- In a large bowl, add the soft butter. Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer on a medium-high speed, first, cream the butter for about a minute and then add the sugar and cream until the mixture is well combined and turns light and pale in colour (about 5 minutes)
- Turn your mixer to a medium-low speed and add the eggs in one at a time and mix until they are incorporated well.
- Add the vanilla and mix on a low speed till well combined.
- Now with the mixer on stir, alternate adding the flour mixture and heavy whipping cream, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Mix till just combined.
- Using a spatula, scrape down the bowl and give the cake batter a final mix.
- Divide the batter into three portions and add the desired colours.
- Spoon the batter into the pan, one colour at a time. Tap the pan down to remove any air pockets. Using a spatula, take the last layer up the wall of the bundt pan to keep the pan from overheating, this will result in a more even bake.
- Place the cake in a preheated oven at 325F on the middle rack for about 70-80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for a few minutes before removing it. Then leave it for a few more minutes to finish cooling on a cooling rack.
- To a medium-size bowl add the icing sugar, pour in the heavy cream and give it a mix. Add the softened butter and mix well. You are looking for a smooth, thick, yet pourable consistency.
- Drizzle your cake as desired.