Me and my mini-me are back, with this creamy Baked Brie that’s perfect for the holiday season! Topped with caramelized onions, bacon, pecans and drizzled with maple syrup, this Baked Brie is an easy, yet impressive appetizer. Bonus – the toppings are customizable, so have some fun and let me know in the comments what you love to top your Baked Brie with!
- 500 grams brie
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 6 strips of bacon
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Black pepper and chili flakes to season
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 French baguette
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Start by scoring the brie with a knife in a diamond design. This will help the topping to flavour the brie.
- For the topping, start by chopping the toasted pecans and slicing up the crispy bacon.
- Thinly slice one onion. In a skillet, add some olive oil and start caramelizing the onions. When done, leave them aside to cool and then add them to the bowl.
- To add some delicious flavour, chop up the rosemary and add it to the bowl.
- Pour in the maple syrup, and season the mix with some chili flakes and freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix it all together and top the brie with all this goodness.
- Bake at 350 degree F for about 10-15 minutes or until the brie is just melted.
- Remove the dish from the oven and top the brie with some sprigs of rosemary and pomegranate for a festive flare.
- While the brie rests, add some sliced baguettes to a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Place them in the oven for about 2-3 minutes until golden and toasted.