This easy Goan Serradura Pudding is sure to impress your loved ones this Valentine’s Day! Brought to Goa by the Portuguese, Serradura Pudding is layered with creamy custard and biscuit crumbs. Today we are adding a fun mango twist to it, which you are sure to love!
- 500 ml Heavy Whipping Cream
- 250 ml Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 200 ml Alphonso Mango Purée
- 250 grams Marie Biscuit Crumbs
- In a food chopper or processor, add the Marie biscuits and pulse them till they become a sawdust-like crumb. Empty them into a bowl and leave them aside.
- To a mixing bowl, add the heavy whipping cream and whip it till it reaches just about the stiff peak stage.
- To that, add the sweetened condensed milk and continue whipping till it just gets incorporated and the pudding reaches soft peaks.
- Divide the pudding batter into two bowls, adding a little more in one and a little less in the other. To the bowl that has a little less, add the mango purée and using the fold and cut method gently work the mango purée into the custard till well incorporated.
- To start creating individual servings, fill two piping bags with the two flavours.
- Start by first piping a layer of the vanilla flavour pudding at the bottom then top it with a layer of the Marie biscuit crumbs. Next, pipe a layer of the mango-flavoured pudding, topping it with another layer of the crushed Marie biscuit. Add another layer of vanilla pudding and for that traditional topping, finish it off with a layer of the crushed Marie biscuits.
- For an impressive presentation, add a swirl of whipping cream, a drizzle of mango purée, half a Marie biscuit and garnish with it some mint leaves.