This easy peasy Pound Cake is a baking classic you have got to try! With simple ingredients, this is the perfect recipe to master the technique of baking a Pound Cake. This cake recipe is amazing on its own as well as a base for delicious desserts!
- 250 grams Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 250 grams (1cup + 3 tbsp) White Granulated Sugar
- 5 Eggs, large, room temperature
- 250 grams (2 cups) All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C
- Butter, flour and line the base of a 5”x9” loaf pan and leave it aside (by error in the video I said 9”x13”)
- In a large bowl, add the butter and sugar. Now with your mixer on a medium-high speed, cream the butter and sugar together until the mixture is well combined, and turns light pale in colour. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Turn your mixer to medium-low speed and add the eggs, one at a time, mixing until the eggs are just incorporated.
- In a separate bowl. whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Now with the mixer on a low speed, add the flour mixture to the batter, two tablespoons at a time.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix on a low speed till well combined.
- Using a spatula, scrape down the bowl and give the cake batter a final mix.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and bake on the middle rack of your oven for about 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the loaf pan for a few minutes before removing it from the loaf pan. Place it on a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and enjoying.