For Mother’s Day this year, we are going to be making these heavenly Strawberry Shortcake Waffles! These are the definition of a spring-time classic. The waffles are crispy on the outside and fluffy within. They are layered with a light Chantilly cream and plump strawberry slices. Dust over some icing sugar and show your mom and loved ones how much you appreciate them!
Wet Ingredients (at room temperature)
- 1 ⅓ cup Milk
- 3 tbsp Melted Butter
- ¼ cup White Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Egg
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 ¼ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 6 Strawberries
- 1 tbsp White Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 1 tbsp Icing Sugar/ Confectioners’ Sugar
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a bowl, add all wet ingredients and sugar, and give it a quick whisk till the sugar dissolves.
- In another bowl, mix all the dry ingredients and whisk them together till well combined.
- Gradually pour the wet ingredients into the dry, whisking continuously till you get a smooth batter.
- Heat up your waffle iron and spray on some baking spray or brush on some butter.
- Using an ice cream scoop or measuring cup, scoop on some of the batter on the heated waffle iron and allow it to cook till it turns a lovely golden colour. Remove and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Slice the strawberries and toss them into a bowl. Top with the white granulated sugar and give it a stir till all the strawberry slices get well coated with the sugar. Cover and leave it aside for the strawberries to macerate.
- In a bowl whip together the chilled whipping cream and icing sugar till you get soft peaks.
- To build your strawberry shortcake waffles, place one waffle at the bottom, scoop on some of the Chantilly cream and place some of the sliced strawberries on the top.
- Now place another waffle on the top of that and once again scoop on some more whipped cream and add the sliced strawberries.
- To finish it off, dust on some icing/confectioners’ sugar.