Me and my mini me are back with the most decadent Chocolate Mousse! This Chocolate Mousse has a cloud-like texture and is the ideal dessert to kick off the new year. I’m sure you are going to love this one!
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 100 grams White Granulated Sugar
- 150 grams Dark Chocolate
- 1 tsp Instant Coffee Powder
- 250 ml Whipped Cream
- In a bowl, cream the egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla extract till the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Grab your favourite dark chocolate and cut it into small chunks. Add the chocolate and instant coffee powder to a heat safe bowl and melt it over a double boiler till it is smooth.
- Add a quarter of the melted chocolate to temper the egg mixture. Once combined, mix in the remaining chocolate. Place the bowl back onto the double boiler for 2-3 minutes to cook the egg yolks. Set the mixture aside to cool completely.
- In another bowl, whip the heavy cream till it is firm and combine it with the chocolate mixture.
- Finally, beat the egg whites to sift peaks and fold it into the mixture.
- Divide the chocolate mousse into 4-6 dessert bowls and chill them for 4-6 hours to set.
- Decorate the chocolate mousses with a swirl of whipped cream and chocolate curls.